Monday 31 March 2014

14:26 - 9 comments

March Wrap-Up Post

So this is my first attempt at a monthly wrap up post. I’ve seen other bloggers do it and decided to give it a try.  Here goes!

Reviews


Books


Music

“Luck” by American Authors
“Brutal Hearts (feat. Coeur de pirate)” by Bedouin Soundclash
“Shout” by Ida Redig
“Love Me Again” by John Newman 
“Wasting my Young Years” by London Grammar

TV/Movies

Game of Thrones (TV Show)


This has basically been my life this month.  I don’t think I have been this obsessed with a show since Sherlock or Doctor Who.  I’m working on a discussion post which I will publish on the blog sometime next month in time for the release of the new season. 

Bitten (TV Show)


Still on the fence about this show.  I’ve been following it weekly, but I still wouldn’t classify myself “hooked”.  I am looking forward to watching the finale next week though.  Maybe picking up the book would help me become a bigger fan?

Pompeii (Movie)


Okay.  I don’t get why the critics gave this movie such bad reviews! I honestly enjoyed it! There are some good back stories, the characters are interesting, the acting is impressive, and the special effects are really, really well done.  Plus Kit Harrington stars in it and after watching Game of Thrones I would say he’s one of my new favourite actors.  I plan on watching it again when it comes out on DVD.   

Divergent (Movie)


Me and a friend went to go watch it and fangirl together on Monday.  Although the ending action was amazing, I thought the journey to it was a little rough around the edges.  Maybe its because I haven't read the book in so long.  However, around the second "fear sequence", I was looking at my watch and wondering when they would move on.  I will say though that I really loved Shailene Woodley at Tris.  She nailed that character! I can't wait to see her on the screen again in a few months in the Fault in Our Stars!  

Real Life

This month has had its highs and lows. 

I’ll start with the high…

I purchased my first Apple computer! After years of saving, dreaming, and drooling, I finally have a Macbook Pro to call my own.  *Cue Gollum voice* my precious. ;) I’ve downloaded all my programs and transferred my files and have been loving my new device!

Now for the the low…

I couldn’t get Comic-Con badges this year.  *Sniff, sniff*.  Over the past year me and my father have been planning this epic trip to San Diego to finally go to Comic-Con…however, that dream came to an end after the open online registration closed.  Oh well, just have to keep our fingers crossed for next year…

And end with another high!

Since I already purchased the plane tickets for Comic-Con, rather then letting them go to waste, I booked a trip to Los Angeles for Wondercon at the end of the month!! Super excited about checking that out.  Since I'll be down there, I hope to get to visit some other tourist attractions too, like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, and Legoland!  I plan on writing a full report about Wondercon and will post it on the blog after I get back.

All and all, this has been one exciting month! Thanks to spring break, I was able to meet up with some friends, watch more shows than usual, and begin to tackle the Game of Thrones book series! Now back to school, exam, and performance mode…

What have you been up to this month? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay nerdy,
Julia  

9 comments:

Post a Comment