Tuesday 4 February 2014

19:41 - 8 comments

Waiting on Wednesday: Half Bad by Sally Green

"Waiting on Wednesday” is weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that highlights books that people can't wait to get their hands on. Here is my pick for this week!

This week, the book that I am counting down the days for is Half Bad by Sally Green

Half Bad (Half Life, #1)

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A stunning, magical debut. An international sensation.

In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and fifteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his sixteenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?

In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page.

Expected Publication: March 4th, 2014 from Viking Juvenile

Is anyone else excited for Half Bad?

Subscribe or check back on Friday for a mini-review!

Stay nerdy,
Julia

8 comments:

This looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica
delectablereads.com

I snagged an ARC from Penguin, so can't wait to read it. I see you're also reading The Winner's Curse, how are you enjoying it so far? :) Here's mine

Kirsty @ StudioReads

I keep seeing this book. It looks so good! Great pick!

MJ @ <a href="http://www.mjreads.com>MJ Reads</a>

I'm so excited for this one! Sounds fantastic and that cover could not be more awesome. Great pick!
My WoW Pick!

I keep seeing this book!! I can't wait to read it!

MJ @ MJ Reads

This one sounds so interesting and I love the cover!

Great pick! I was browsing GR lists today and kept seeing this, I am really excited for this one and definitely want to read it myself. My WoW

YES! I'm dying for a great witch read! Half Bad sounds fantastic, and I cannot wait for it to just release already! I've heard really good things about it lately! Great pick, Julia! I hope you're having an awesome week so far!

xo, Becca
My WoW

Post a Comment