Friday 27 December 2013

15:56 - 5 comments

Stacking the Shelves (Week 8)

STSmall

I hope everyone is having a great holiday week and an end to this year! I have been enjoying this break and have been using the time to catch up on some reviews, writing, reading, homework and shows.  Nothing better than that!  One of the highlights (and lowlights) of this week was watching the regeneration Doctor Who special this Christmas day. I absolutely loved it and was left crying my eyes out at the end, it was amazing and incredibly sad. Bittersweet that's for sure! :) Did anyone else watch it too? If so, what did you think? Was anyone as sad to see Matt Smith leave as I was?  I will say though, I am definitely looking forward to seeing Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor!

I can't believe its almost 2014! I was saying the other day that the months in early 2013 waiting for the release of Clockwork Princess were incredibly slow then it was released and read and the rest of the year seemed to fly by much too quickly.  At least I have many more releases to slow down 2014 for me! ;)

Anyways, onward to...

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews that highlights which books are new on ones bookshelf for that week.  Here is what this week has brought to mine!

Project CainDaughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless TalesPawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)

Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard (was gifted to me for Christmas)

 Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (was gifted to me for Christmas) 

Rags and Bones edited by Melissa Mar and Tim Pratt (was gifted to me for Christmas

Pawn by Aimee Carter (was gifted to me for Christmas)

What's new on your shelf this week?


Again, hope everyone is having a great holiday week!

Come back next week for my review on Impostor by Susanne Winnacker on Monday.

Stay nerdy,
Julia

5 comments:

Pawn looks really good! It was on my Christmas list, but I didn't get it. Daughter of Smoke & Bone is one I'm definitely going to read in 2014. I've read some of it, and I liked most of it. :) Enjoy your books and have a happy new year!

Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure

Project Cain looks pretty awesome and I really want to read Pawn!! Happy New Year!

S.Huston @ Head In The Clouds
My STS: http://readbookswilltravel.blogspot.com/2013/12/stacking-shelves-is-weekly-meme-hosted.html

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is an awesome book! I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. :)

Emma @ Spun With Words

Hi

I hadn't heard of "Rags & Bones" until I visited your blog. I've added it on to my Wish List. Thank you.

Please feel free to check out my Christmas haul at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/book-haul-christmas-2013-haul/

Enjoy your reads.

Great haul! I really enjoyed Pawn, thought it was a really great start to a series. I still need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, have heard so many amazing things about that one! I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

Post a Comment